Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just a Random Post

Hey, it's Alex! Just thought I'd make a quick post. I don't have much time on my hands due to the impossible classes I'm taking this year.

Anyway, thanks to everone that followed and subscribed! I really appreciate it.

The first thing I thought I'd talk about are names. I think names definitely define a character. When I hear the name Butch, I think of a big tall guy who plays football. But when I hear the name Francis, I think of a scrawny nerd. Not that this is always true, it's really just more of a stereotype. If you're looking for names for characters go to www.behindthename.com. They have lists of the most popular names in countries all over the world. It also lets you search by meanings, which is really helpfull.

Is anyone doing Nanowrimo this year? I don't know if you've heard of it, but its like a contest for writers to see if you can get to 50,000 words in a book. It takes place through November. My username is alexboone, go add me if you want.

-Alex Boone

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    I did NaNoWriMo last November and completed a book what was then called KEYS TO THE WHISPERER'S PRISON but is now called RELIC PRISON, which I will be rewriting sometime in the future. This NaNoWriMo, I'm working on a Super Special Secret Surprise (SSSS) that no one can know about until I'm done with it.

    For Camp NaNoWriMo back in August I completed the first draft of my second book, THE VAULT.

    Go look me up, I'm under Matthew_Patrick_Hayes.

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful. I tend to come up with fantasy names by mashing the keyboard and creating and anagram out of the letters or adapting spelling errors that sound cool. I should probably find a way that's a bit more profound though - like deriving names from relevant Latin words and the like.

    Kinda sucks, I can't do NaNoWriMo because in NZ we have school exams in November, so I'm gonna be super busy with studying, etc. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, Nick, you could always do it in July/August for Camp NaNoWriMo.

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete